At Catalyst, we’re a TEAM – we value every member and there are plenty of places to play!
- We set-up and tear-down our ENTIRE CHURCH every Sunday! Come see how it’s done and join the crew; anyone can help.
- Hospitality Ministry
- Café on Sunday mornings
- “Family care” (meals, flowers, visits, etc.) for people who’ve lost loved ones, are hospitalized, or who’ve had new babies
- Worship (band, audio/visual, computers)
- Children’s Ministry
There are a number of periodic or continual service opportunities at Catalyst.
- We have an on-going partnership with a local, underprivileged school to provide sufficient food, sports coaches, lunch buddies, and various other needs.
- We provide transportation to homeless families.
- Individual Connection Groups often organize their own service projects.
- A foreign mission trip is in the works
Connection Groups are the life-blood of Catalyst Church. Groups are for everyone, whether you’ve been a Christian your whole life or you’re still unsure of what you believe.
Groups range from 8-12 people, do not require any previous Biblical knowledge, and are always open, so visit anytime. They also occur on various nights throughout the area.
What do we “do” at a Connection Group? All groups are very similar and use the same curriculum: Sometimes, we read a story in the Bible, reconstruct it–discussing the culture and anything about the story that is interesting or seems strange, then apply it to our own lives–what we can learn, how it applies to our own circumstances, how this changes our perspective on God, etc.
Sometimes, our groups choose a particular curriculum to study. No matter what we study, every group is casual, friendly, and open to anyone. Childcare is often available in homes. We often have pot-lucks and include our members in our life-events (birthdays, graduations, etc.).
Sounds simple, right? Well, it is… but it’s also changing lives.
We believe that, too often, The Church becomes an organization that is located within a community, but rarely has contact with it. As a church, Catalyst goes to great efforts to immerse ourselves in the community around us.Why? So we can introduce people to the real Jesus – how he really lived and how he cared deeply for others – and to ensure that our church is a vital part of the community.We live here. Our kids go to the schools here. And we care about the people here. We believe that we can’t faithfully follow God by compartmentalizing our lives, so we don’t compartmentalize our church either – it’s not just on Sunday mornings.
How do we do this? Here are a few ways:
- We sponsor competitive softball and basketball teams – and encourage folks from outside of our congregation to play with us…not in church leagues, but city leagues.
- We have partnered with a local elementary school to make sure that every child is well fed and receives loving afterschool care.
- We provide transportation to local homeless families, in conjunction with the Guilford Inter-Faith Hospitality Network.
- FREE ICE CREAM! We own an ice cream truck, which we take to neighborhoods, community events, and baseball games. It’s all free – we just want to put smiles on faces!
The biggest way to impact a community is one person at a time – neighbor to neighbor, co-worker to co-worker. Our hope is that, as our people love God and love others, that they will naturally impact the communities in which they already exist!